With summer around the corner, it’s important to do what you can at home to save money on your energy bills. At John McEwan Electrical, our Wollongong electricians have a guide on ways to cut down energy usage and put some dollars and cents back in your pocket. Read our blog article below to find out more.
There are several key factors that determine the energy usage in your
home. In order to minimise energy usage, it’s important to understand the
factors that encompass it. The main factors that dictate energy use include:
- The design
of your home
- The number
of appliances & their energy-efficiency
- How many
people are in your home
- The size
& type of your property (freestanding home, townhouse or apartment)
climate of your area
To learn more about your energy profile, contact our team today. We would be happy to talk about your unique conditions and appropriate measures to reduce energy usage
HOW TO SAVE ENERGY
There are little ways of saving money on your energy bills, not only in summer, but all year round. Take a look at our checklist below to see how you can lower the digits on your next energy bill:
Best Energy Saving Tips
- Switch appliances off at the wall when not in use
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Always wash full loads
- Switch to a gas or solar hot water system (if possible)
- Purchase appliances with high energy ratings (if possible)
- Turn off or remove second fridges or freezers when not in use
- Use lids on pots when cooking
- Dry clothes on clothes line rather than a dryer (no shrinking)
- In winter, open curtains to let heat in
- In summer, close curtains to keep heat out
- Use electricity outside peak times (if your contract offers reduced tariffs)
- Ensure appliances are regularly serviced (faulty appliances can use up more energy to function)
These are just a sample of the many ways you can be savvy when it comes
to energy savings. In summer, energy bills tend to skyrocket for homeowners.
But by taking the right steps, you can ease the financial stress when it comes
to paying the utility bills.
Get In Touch
Saving money on your energy bills is much easier than people think. At John McEwan Electrical, our electricians in Wollongong are passionate about keeping our clients well informed.
Get in touch with our skilled team today to learn more or fill out our enquiry form.